Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Love Letter

Dear _______ ,

I haven't heard from you in weeks and it's sent me into somewhat of a tailspin. I don't know why I'm having these kinds of feelings for you again, but I don't think they'll ever completely go away. I've been very happy being "just friends" with you for a while now, and I don't want anything more than that, but every now and then it creeps back into my mind.

You've disappeared and now it's all I can think about, losing you. I'm very happy that you've found someone who you can be with, and of course, I'm sorry that it could have never been me. I couldn't be happier with the man in my life now, but sometimes I have to try not to compare. I really hope you're giving her your all, because she deserves it. But just because you have a girlfriend isn't an excuse for blowing me off. The worst part about it is, whenever you refuse to return a phone call or an e-mail or make any kind of time for me, it's me who feels like the fool. Foolish for thinking even our friendship was something important. Foolish for thinking that you cared about me half as much as I care about you.

I'm probably just getting carried away, and I know how you hate dramatics. So for now I'll back off and leave you alone. Part of me worries that I won't hear from you again for a long time, and if that's what happens then know I'll miss you everyday. But I can't chase you and I can't try to win your favour; I can't hurt myself like that anymore. I hope one day we see eye to eye - or that I'll be able to walk away without turning back.

All My Wasted Love,
Jane

"And if it gets too late for you to find you love me, and tell me so - it's okay, you don't need to say it."

No comments: